14 May, 2015

April in Review



I don't know about anyone else, but I'm feeling a bit like this at the moment.


The year is flying by at a ridiculous rate of knots.

April stats:

Kindle - 2                                     Library - 3
Book - 3                                       Own - 4
Audio - 2                                      Borrowed (non library) - 0
Fiction - 7                               
Non-fiction - 0

Female Author - 2                        New to Me Authors - 2
Male Author - 6
Australian Author - 0
No Australian authors this month, although I'm teetering about Ben Elton because he does live here now. Also the first month with no non-fiction.




My pick for this month is hard. I loved Two Brothers and Skullduggery Pleasant.

Our book group book for this month was my choice and I went with Two Brothers. It's a great book for a book group and we had a great discussion. Some of us enjoyed it more than others, which I value in a book group book. It's interesting to see how things you really thought enhanced the story were a negative for others. 




I finished it!! You can read my review here. While I'm glad I can now say I've read (or listened to) Anna Karenina, I don't think it's something I will read again. I have the movie at home to watch and I'm looking forward to that.

So that was April. According to GoodReads I'm still lagging behind on my target of 100 books for this year. Just as well I'm not overly worried! The Children's Book Council has released it's short lists so look out for the reviews of the younger readers and older reader books. I'll also do the picture books and the early childhood books, but have a bit of a different plan up my sleeve for them.

How was your April?