05 January, 2016

December in review


So we have reached the end of the year. 2015 was one of many ups and downs - a few more downs. Can't say I am sorry to see the end of it. I did fall short of my target 100 reads, but I will talk more about that in my end of year round up. In the meantime, lets look at December.
Stats first.


Kindle - 0                               Library -0
Book - 3                                 Own - 4
Audio - 1                              Borrowed (non library) - 0
Fiction - 2                      
Non-fiction - 2
Female Author - 3                  New to Me Authors - 2
Male Author - 4
Australian Author - 4


I feel like I read more in December. Maybe I'm missing something between Bitter Greens and Island Home, but for the life of me I can't remember what it is - if it even exists! It was obviously a big month for Australian authors and a nice even split between memoir and fiction. The only one not in the running for best book of the month is Relativity. Very strange month indeed!

Questionable Deeds was our book club read - but I had read that earlier in the year. It provoked some interesting discussion, if not a little reserved as at least a few of us are personal friends with the author.

So there you have it, 2015 finally finished. I've already finished 1 (almost 2) book(s) this year, but don't want to review them until I do a final 2015 review. I'm currently on my son's computer as mine is out of commission for the moment. Hopefully the component needed to see it back in action will be here this week! 

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and your new year is off to a good start. Here's hoping 2016 is a good one for us all!